“Good stuff from what seems to be the best news source in Charlottesville.” — Rick Tetzeli, executive editor, Fast Company Magazine.
“I think we need this. I see very little in-depth coverage from anywhere else.” — DTM follower
Since 2012, The DTM has survived on a small initial fundraising campaign and the efforts and resources of its creator, but now it’s time the take this truly independent local news source to a new level. That’s why I’m asking readers and followers to become DTM Patreons and participate in bringing more powerful in-depth, investigative local reporting to a community that desperately needs it. With just a few hundred patrons we can begin offering quality reporting from the area’s best journalists.
Take a look back at a few of the important stories The DTM has produced. With you’re participation we can do so much more.
- Knock, knock: men involved in Mall “beating” tell their side of the story
- New place! The Alley Light shines on Second Street
- Why Charlottesville? How a Facebook comment, an unknown blogger, and some old tweets inflamed a debate about race and monuments
- Legalized extortion? DTM music venue owners sound off on licensing fees
- Jilted again? Dewberry, City, clash over hotel project
David McNair (bio)
DTM is maintained by Charlottesville journalist David McNair. Got a news item or new listing? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.